Sunday 17 March 2013

Recipe- Lemon Meringue Bakes

 Now I have made these a few times and they are delicious! I have to mention that they taste like lemon meringue but these bakes do not have the actual meringue on top.  They are so yummy!  I actually was impressed with my baking skills, I mean the recipe that I made them as a mothers day gift.

 Here was my mum's gift and she loved it!



So do you want to know the recipe???

This is what you need...

  • 150g Plain Flour
  • 90g of Unsalted Butter ( chilled and diced )
  • 50g Icing Sugar
For the Topping you will need

  • 2 eggs
  • 175g Caster Sugar
  • Finely grated rind and Juice of 1 Large Lemon
  • 15ml Plain Flour
  • 2.5 ml Bicarbonate of soda
  • Icing Sugar for Dusting
Preheat Oven at 180 degrees
Line the base of cake tin and lightly greased tin


  1. Add the Flour, Butter and Icing Sugar and make into a dough
  2. Press the dough down into the cake tray-NOTE- Put this in the oven for approx 12-15minutes until golden
  3. Break the eggs into a bowl and and whisk until fluffy
  4. Add the caster sugar very slowly and whisk
  5. Grate and use a lemon juicer 
  6. Add the flour and Bicarbonate of soda
  7. Add the lemon rind and juice and whisk until mixed 
  8. Pour over the cooked pastry and cook for 25 minutes until set and golden
Try and let it cool a bit then dust with icing sugar then ENJOY!!!

This Recipe is from The Cookie and Biscuit Bible by Catherine Atkinson- Its called Luscious Lemon Bars but I Changed the name as they taste like Lemon Meringue

Do you have any Lemon Recipes?? Please Share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love comments and always reply! If you leave a blog link or twitter name I will come and say hello.
Victoria xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...