Sunday 3 March 2013

Budget Meal- Poached Egg A La Grandma!!

 When I had Annabelle as a baby I used to go my grandmas on a wednesday and once she made me this and it has become my all time favourite lunch time meal.  It is easy to make which is ideal for people like myself.  You wouldn't think that the ingredients together would go but it is so tasty!  My children both love this recipe too!

 Poached Egg A La Grandma

 You will need


  • Eggs( how many you want each)
  • Vinegar
  • Bread(fresh bread is the best)
  • Onions
  • Mushrooms( I didn't have any in but I usually add mushrooms)
Cheese Sauce
  • Plain flour
  • Butter
  • Milk
  • Cheese
Please note I cheat with cheese sauce and prefer a thick sauce so I add a big Desert spoonful of Plain flour and Butter and keep adding the milk until its at my prefered consistency.  Then I add my preffered amount of cheese.  If this is your first time making cheese sauce google the measurements.

How to make?

Step 1
  • Make the cheese sauce-Please note I cheat with cheese sauce and prefer a thick sauce so I add a big Desert spoonful of Plain flour and Butter and keep adding the milk until its at my preferred consistency.  Then I add my preferred amount of cheese.  If this is your first time making cheese sauce google the measurements.

Step 2
  • Fry the onions and mushrooms for approx 5 minutes until soft
Step 3
  • Boil a pan of water- Pour about 2 inches of water in.  Add a few drops of vinegar and stir
Step 4
  • Crack open the eggs into a cup one by one and slowly pour into the pan.  The vinegar helps the eggs stay together. Cook until the white is hard.
Step 5
  • Toast the bread
Step 6
  • Add them together....





And Enjoy!!!

Do let me know if you've made my recipe! What do you think?

                                                           Victoria xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love comments and always reply! If you leave a blog link or twitter name I will come and say hello.
Victoria xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...