Thursday 25 October 2012

Recipe- Vanilla Sponge and Pink Custard


  As I am starting my 'New Routine' and Grocery Challenge I started thinking about what meals to cook and decided it was time to start baking some puddings!  My grandma has pudding without fail and I would love this to be our tradition too!

 I came across Pink Custard and I though 'Annabelle would love that' and went shopping! So here I am today baking it!  I choose to add it to Vanilla Sponge.

 The Ingredients for the Sponge ...

4oz Butter
4oz Caster Sugar
2 eggs
4 tbs of milk
4oz Self Raising Flour
Few drops of Vanilla Extract

 What to do...
1. Cream the Butter and Sugar together
2. Add the milk and eggs and mix together
3. Add the Flour, I then used a food processor to give it the smooth texture
4. Stir in the vanilla extract
5. Place in a tray bake
6 Cook in oven- The temperature I choose was 150 degrees but I wanted it to cook slower.  It has been cooking for approx 45 minutes but if your oven is like mine I prefer to keep checking the sponge.

Here is the results...




 The Ingredients for the Pink Custard...


  • 1 Pint of Milk
  • 1 Packet of Raspberry Blancmange Mix ( or flavour of your choice )
  • 2-3 tbs of Sugar to taste

What to do...

1. In a heat proof bowl add the blancmange mix and sugar and a bit of the milk and mix to form a paste
2. Warm the remaining milk
3. Pour a bit of the milk to the paste and stir
4. Now add the paste to the Warmed milk and bring to the boil, always stir
5. Simmer, you may need to add some more milk if it is too thick

Here is the Results...



Would you like to Bake Vanilla Sponge and Pink Custard????





No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love comments and always reply! If you leave a blog link or twitter name I will come and say hello.
Victoria xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...