Monday 3 June 2013

Do you find it hard to fall asleep at night?

Last year Silent Night researched how well adults sleep at night and the results were 75% of the adults were not getting a full nights sleep which is a lot. They are now conducting new research to find out if using a sleep accessory would help people get a better sleep.

 As Joseph is 6 months and sleeps through I luckily get a full nights sleep but I only like to sleep when my eyes want to close.  So I will read using my phone or the tablet but I know this isn't a great way to fall asleep.

 Lucky for me Silent Night wanted me to test a sleep accessory for them to see if it helped.  I received Crabtree and Evelyn Lavender Linen mist.  I was very happy to receive this product as I have heard that people that find it hard to sleep turn to this type of product.  Did it help me?

 When first reading it, it says spray onto the bedding and iron but to be honest its not easy for me to do that with 3 little ones.  I sprayed it onto my bedding a few hours before bed ready for my bedtime.  I love the smell of lavender and I have to say it smells like lavender not a strong horrible smell that a lot of lavender products have.  Every evening I would smell the bedding ( just to check it was ok) and I just wanted to climb into bed and relax.  The smell is so soothing.  I have to make myself leave the room!

 At bedtime the scent is still there and is so relaxing.  I suffer anxiety which plays a big part in me getting to sleep.  I have to say it really helps, as lavender is very therapeutic and is great to help relax a mind and body.

I found this information from livestrong.com about How lavender works.


'It is believed that when a person inhales lavender essential oil, molecules enter the brain and interact with centers associated with emotion: the amygdala and hippocampus. Lavender appears to act as a sedative in these areas, thereby reducing feelings of stress and anxiety. The 2007 study cited above also revealed that lavender significantly lowered serum cortisol levels in healthy men. Cortisol is a hormone associated with stress. This finding may give more insight into lavender's anxiety reducing effects.'

 After reviewing this product for a week I have to say it really helped relax me therefore I got to sleep without feeling the need to use my phone.  I would recommend this product to anyone who suffers anxiety or has trouble sleeping.

I was sent a sleeping aid accessory for reviewing purposes but all opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love comments and always reply! If you leave a blog link or twitter name I will come and say hello.
Victoria xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...