Wednesday 19 June 2013

Advice for a new parent regarding batteries

As a new parent I made a big mistake, I bought disposable batteries.  I obviously thought that they would last forever.

Firstly baby and children's toys require batteries and on the whole they are not provided which is very annoying I must say.

Secondly most children's toys require a screw driver. I have almost broken a toy's battery compartment in the past as I was using the wrong shape screw driver.

 Then you have a lovely toy working, a happy baby, a happy mummy and daddy then the sound from the toys starts to slow.  You think I will change it next time.  Until one moment when the toy is needed you have not got a spare battery or you can't find the screw driver...

So my advice regarding batteries is...

  1. Buy a charger with re-chargeable batteries as you will need lots of batteries for the ever growing toy collection so saves you money
  2. Have a selection of screw drivers at the ready
  3. Go Green ! rechargable batteries have a less impact on the environment than disposables as there is less being thrown into waste
  4. Recycle your batteries when finished with

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I tried to email you but I couldn't get it to work (probably me doing something wrong!!). Just thought I'd let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award x
    http://lemonadebudget.com/2013/06/19/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

We Love comments and always reply! If you leave a blog link or twitter name I will come and say hello.
Victoria xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...